Hello dear friends! Just an update on the Akers!
We are now the proud owners of a king size bed. Apparently Chris has been unable to sleep well since we got married and I hopped into bed with him. It’s been torturing him for 2 months now and he recently let me in on this. Last night was our first night on it and can I just say OH YEAH! That’s real nice. I rolled over and didn’t run into my husband.
Our young adults ministry at church has exploded this summer as the church is also growing at a rapid rate. The young adult large group has received new leadership and they have asked Chris and I to lead a small group in our home. We’ve accepted and will now be hosting a get-together once a week. It’s a huge step out of my comfort zone!!! So now everything that’s not been handled since the wedding (putting all gifts in a place, hanging pictures on the wall, moving furniture, etc) is now being crammed into 2 weeks. (1st meeting is September 1st) The house is finally starting to look like a home. We have a darling little guest bedroom that also is used for my scrapbooking J. Chris has created a study for himself in the downstairs bedroom. The dressing room and upstairs bedroom will be getting curtains soon.
Yesterday we had lunch with our new neighbors. We brought pasta salad. Then we found out they are chefs! They met at one of the Quad Cities’ best restaurants. So, besides our measly pasta salad, we ate like royalty!! They are our new best friends!
We are starting to put a choir together at church. The goal is to have a choir by Christmas. Should be fun!
I’m brainstorming with all the pictures from this summer’s activities to begin work on the Sapphire Scrapbook. I have an abundance of pics from Liz’s wedding, some from Jamie’s, and none from Sara’s. If you have some, send them on over!
We still haven’t fully completed Thank-You cards so if you gave a gift and haven’t received yours yet, please don’t fret! We’re still trudging through! Liz, you make me feel bad! Are all yours done???
Monday, August 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment