Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy blogging

Ok, I'm totally smiling like a goofball right now. I'm so happy everyone is getting into this! And, I'm so happy things are going well for everyone. Steph, you know me so well. Is it totally nerdy that I actually thought about going back and editing the typos in everyone's posts? Wait, don't answer, I already know what you will say.
Angie, sounds like your wedding plans are coming together. I'm sure it will be just fabulous. I'm excited about a winter wedding -- there's something magical about the thought of it. I'm going to try my darndest to be there. We're still working on our family holiday plans. If I'm already in Ohio during that time, Julie and I will probably just hop on over. I've got my eye on plane tickets as well. Adam probably won't be able to make it as he will be conserving vacation days and will have to get back to Seattle.
I'm actually working part time right now for Trails.com (the best website ever! a.k.a., Adam's company) doing data entry and editing. It's going well and I get to work from home, which is the best part. I also work for a creative jobs agency here that finds me random editing and writing jobs around the city. I love it! I get to edit junk mail next week, which is actually a lot more interesting than it sounds. The pay is excellent, and I'm making all kinds of connections, which will hopefully pan out into a full time job soon. We're looking around to buy a house by next summer, so having me on the full time status would greatly increase our options. Plus, I like to contribute, especially when it's doing jobs that make me feel like I'm putting my rather expensive education to use.
Steph, I'm so sorry your date didn't go so well. I'm sure that had to be frustrating. You know that Dr. Pepper commercial on TV that has the girl listening to the guy droning on and on about himself...and it goes into this funny song that the whole restaurant joins in on? Well, it makes me laugh and I immediately thought about it when you were describing your date.
I, too, am insanely excited about the cooler evenings and falling leaves. I love the crisp smell in the air (which mingles with the always pervasive scent of fish around here), and the thought of breaking out my comfy sweaters makes me all giddy. I'm so over summer.
Well, once again I have stopped being productive. Better get back to work (you, too -- all you who are reading this right now!) :)

No comments: