Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricanes, typos, and manicures

Yes, it is very much a Wednesday today, isn't it? I'm glad to know that most of us are all equally obsessed with this blog. Maybe we should come up with an educational purpose for it -- so we actually have a good excuse to tell our bosses when we're blogging like half the day. Or, maybe not. :p
I splurged a bit yesterday and got a manicure...it was lovely. I've never actually had one, but I've decided to make it my new addiction. I mean, if I give up like 3 lattes, that covers the cost, right? It's so worth the money to me...if only just to get that hand massage...ahhh.
Yeah, I've also been quite emotional over the Hurricane Katrina tragedy. It's the same effect the tsumani had on me -- I can barely even watch the news or read an article about it without crying (they had the news on during my manicure and I couldn't even wipe the tears from my face without messing up my nails! I'm sure I looked pretty ridiculous). I really want to do something...it's times like this that I wish I was rich so I could just give away money. Or that I had some kind of medical training...I guess prayer is my only weapon against it right now -- not that it's not a powerful weapon; I'm sure you all know what I mean. It's quite tragic -- I don't know anyone in the area, but I feel like I do. I've just never seen anything like that actually in America before...I mean, since 9/11, but that was a brutal attack by other people, and they're calling this a terrible act of God. I don't exactly like that phrase, but I suppose it's what many people see natural disasters as being. Anyway, let's all say a little prayer for those people -- I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.
I guess the hurricane is now a tropical depression and it's going through Ohio right now. My sister said it's raining like crazy, and there are supposed to be some tornados sooner or later. Yeah, I've decided that I'm not a fan of hurricanes.
Jen, that's great news about Chris feeling better. I'm sure that was very scary for you.
Angie, I'm sure everything will come together beautifully for your wedding! It can be very stressful, though. Just keep plowing through...it's all worth it in the end!
Hey, Juls -- any chance of you taking another trip to Ohio in say, October?? I'm going to be there the 5th through 11th. Or maybe you could just leave Seth there when you go visit and I'll bring him back with me?? :p
Well, enough dilly-dallying. I'm off to save the world...or at least correct some horrible typos.
Love to you all!

No comments: