Monday, August 22, 2005

Jen, I am so jealous! We've been wanting a king-size bed since we got married! Unfortunately, we don't exactly have room for one in our barbie-doll-sized apartment right now...maybe one of these days! Sounds like you are really starting to be "the Akers". We're starting to get involved in the big church here -- it's a little large for me, but Adam really likes it. One of the pastors graduated from ORU, so it has a very chapel-esque feel to it. Adam attended there when he lived here before, and still knows some of the guys that go there...so we're hoping to make some friends and get connected.
I just booked a whale-watching excursion for Labor Day! I'm so excited! We haven't gotten to do that yet since we moved here...we have to go up north a bit to the San Juan Islands, and the boat leaves from there. My mom will be visiting during that time, and we wanted to do some special things for her while she's here to help keep her mind off things back in Ohio. For those of you that don't know, my parents are separated right now. I don't really want to go into the sticky details on this blog, but it's been a rough couple of months. So we'd all appreciate your prayers!
Love you girls!

No comments: