The words just don't go together. The community here has been overwhelmed with shock, grief and even fear. It is so hard to imagine what goes through a person's mind causing them to do such a horrific act on innocent children. Not to mention, he was a church going, normal person with 3 kids of his own. The whole thing is simply unthinkable. I can't imagine having to explain this to my own school age children, confronting their fears of going back to school. How do you assure a child that they are safe at school? In the past week there have been 3 school shootings: 1 in Colorado that was very similar to this one, one in Nebraska or Wisconsin where a principle was shot and killed by a student and now this. The question on my mind is - do I want to bring a child into this God-forsaken world? How do we stop these things from happening? It's all so overwhelming.
Now that that is off my chest - As far as I know, none of my relatives or family were immediately affected by this tragedy. However, I do have family in the Amish community here and prayers for them and those involved are appreciated. The Amish are now faced with so many things that they never even gave a thought to, such as security at school and at home. It is a community that is against any kind of violence and lives in peace with each other and the rest of the community. It is beyond their comprehension that something like this could happen to them. I just hope and pray that the same bitterness that caused this man to do this does not take root in the hearts of the Amish and the community.
Please pray...
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment