Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thank you for blogging!!!

Thank you Liz for breaking the silence and blogging something! I've been so bored having nothing new to read on the blog. I'm glad you're doing well Liz. The end does get pretty painful when it comes to sleeping. But good luck with it, hopefully you can get some rest before the baby arrives. Congrats on finishing grad school. Your brothers wedding looked very pretty. But it is hella stressful when siblings get married! Especially brothers, I don't know why, maybe mine are just idiots. But so far every brother that has gotten married has been a full week of lost sleep the week of the wedding and at least a few months of stress beforehand. Not to mention striking that delicate balance of being friends with and supporting the bride through the process without becoming the intrusive, annoying, future sister-in-law. Both of my brothers have married girls with lots of sisters, so I've always kind of felt like the extra sister who has to be included but isn't a "real" sister. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm not complaining, I love Sarah and Lauren and we're very close (especially Sarah... still getting to know Lauren), I just think brothers' weddings can be kind of wierd because everyone's emotions are always running so high. So, enough of that rambling on and on about brothers' weddings.

Anyways, things are all fine and dandy here. The kids are good. They are supposed to be sleeping right now for a nap and I can hear Lilah in her room talking and laughing. I don't know what she could be laughing about because it's not like there's a clown in there or anything, but she is cracking herself up! Seth is actually sleeping. He's always been a better sleeper and generally an easier human. He's going through a pretty disrespectful phase lately though. I'm going to start spraying his tongue with diluted vinegar when he talks back. (Don't judge me, you don't have have two year olds!) It's getting out of control and I don't want to spank all the time (seriously, it would be like every 5 minutes). Plus I want him to make the connection that disrespectful, bitter words are connected to the tongue and are bitter in his mouth. Anyways, the kids are funny and have a pretty good time playing together. They like to hug each other and love to dance together. Josh is doing alright. He works alot and is pretty exhausted all the time. He's going gray quickly and has developed a stomach ulcer. His stress level is high. But we're doing ok and making the most of the time we have together when he's actually home. He's doing his ER rotation this month, so we should get more time together this month than usual. His normal surgery months are rough because he goes in at like 5am and usually gets home around 8 or 9pm. (Sometimes later) He works at least 2 weekends a month and usually has to do rounds on his weekends off. So we typically only have 2 or 3 days off a month. Then he also has to take surgery call overnight at least 8 -10 nights a month. The rough thing about call schedule is that he might be in surgery all night but then he still has to work all day the next day. There are times often when he will literally be working 48 hours straight. He's pretty miserable. But we're just hoping that when we get past the residency phase, it will get a little better and he will enjoy the work more. He loves actually doing surgery, but he's always so tired that it makes it hard to enjoy the time he's at work. Josh could always use some prayers tossed his way to get him through his days (and nights). =) I'm doing fine and have been staying pretty busy with the kids and a little bit of part-time work at home. I went to see Kim in Seattle a few weeks ago and that was fun and relaxing. Violet is adorable and it was cool getting to know her a little bit. We've been getting out as much as possible here in Columbus to get more familiar with the area. I have to say (and I know this sounds stupid), but we love Columbus. There is so much to do here and it's easy to get around. The winter is too long, but the summers are really nice. Columbus is so kid-friendly too, there is always something to do that is realxing and fun. We are really happy about being here and are enjoying it. I've finally come to the conclusion that we are definately mid-westerners and are happy about it. We like the mid-west! Well girls, I will go now and stop writing about nothing at all. I miss you all and hope you are all doing well. Love you girls!

No comments: