Monday, March 17, 2008

Last but not least...




I think I'm the last one to post anything...ooops! :-) Well things here have finally settled a little. We have been so sick this year and it has been so bad! But! I hope that's all behind us now, and we can move on into Spring, healthy and happy. February came with a nice weekend away to Owasso, of all places, for Valentine's Day. We didn't do too much exciting, did some shopping, a movie and dinner, but stayed in a new hotel that was pretty nice. We didn't go to into Tulsa for the whole weekend! :-) Then, as soon as I recovered from the full blown flu, about two weeks later, we had a BIG party celebrating Shawn's golden birthday (28 on the 28th) and his graduation from OSU. All together we had about 45 people come through, either for dinner or bowling. A lot of his family came up to, so that was fun. The stomach flu arrived to visit Shawn the next day, and as I was going to visit Jacqueline the next weekend, it visited me. I wasn't as sick as my hubby, but it was no fun to travel with it! Thankfully, I got to Denver and had a great time with Jacqueline and baby Avery. She just turned a month old when I was there, and had just reach 8 whole pounds. :-) I was SO excited because Jamie came up to have lunch with me and Jac at the Cheesecake Factory down town. It was fabulous to visit with her! (Jamie - you'll have to send me the pic you took of us!). Since I have been back from there, I have been laying low. I've never had to try so hard to be healthy before!


Work for me continues to be an obstacle. There are days when I don't mind what I am doing, but overall, I've been pretty stressed and frustrated. Shawn and I have recently discussed our next step in life, and most of you know that we have been looking into purchasing our first home. Well...I think we've decided that the next step for us is for me to head back to get my Masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. We may still be able to purchase a home and have me go back to school, but we've decided that school will come first. It's a pretty big deal since I have been trying to get myself back into school for years. More than likely, when I start school, I may stay here at this job for a sememster but probably no longer than that. That will again mean some big changes for us, but I know it will all work out in the end. Just keep us in your prayers, too!


Ok, I feel like I'm leaving stuff out, but I don't know what else to say! Just so you all know, Shawn and I just bought our tickets for Joe's wedding - we'll be coming in on June 27th and are staying with Ang and Aaron until July 5th! We are SOOO excited about it! :-)


Love you girls!! I like all this posting...let's keep it up!

No comments: