Hey girls! I'm sorry I haven't been getting into this as much lately. It's been a busy week. Kim, I am also sorry that I have not had the chance to call you back. If I had known Adam was out of town, I would have put everything else on hold because I know how much it sucks to be home alone. Josh will be on a rotation like 3 hours away for the month of Novemeber. He'll come home on weekends, but I'll be alone all week every week in November. I'm going to call you today though. Jennifer, congrats on making dinner consistantly. You're a better woman than I am. Although I did a GREAT cookbook from my grandma that is good recipes but quick cooking. I highly recommend it. It's called "Best of the Best: Recipe Hall of Fame Quick and Easy Cookbook, Winning recipes from hometown America." Jamie, welcome to marriage. I'd like to tell you that once you're past this hurdle, you'll be done with these kind of challenges... but it seems that no matter how well you know each other, you will always run into these sort of situations. The good news however, is that you will get significantly better at solving your problems together as a team. I would recommend a couple of things. First of all, you could both write down how you're feeling and what is bothering you. You might also write down possible solutions to your situation. This way you can think things through calmly without being in each other's faces. Then go out for dinner or coffee or somewhere public to discuss what you've written down. This way, neither of you will freak out or go out of control because you'll be more concientous (sp?) about your actions. You'll be able to have a calm, organized discussion and hopefully come to compromise on some solutions. Be sure to use "I" phrases such as "I feel hurt and left out when you ask for alone time after dinner..." rather than "you" phrases such as "You hurt me and leave me out when you ..." "You" phrases tend to set a more defensive tone to the conversation. Anyways, just a suggestion. I know this all sounds silly, but you'd be amazed how little things can make a difference. Most of all just keep praying on your own and as a couple. You'll feel more connected and open with each other the more you share your spiritual life with each other.
Well girls, Seth is screaming and Jacob needs his nap. So I need to go. Love you all!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment