Thursday, October 27, 2005

I love Fall

Hey girls! It finally feels like Fall in Tulsa! We have finally started dropping tempertures below 80 degrees. Although, I was taking pictures of Seth in the pumpkin patch last week and it was 90 degrees. So, I looked crazy... because I was determined to have Seth's Fall pics look authentic, I took him to the patch in a onesy and then put a sweatshirt, corduroys and a hat on him for pictures. The poor baby was so grumpy because it was hot that he wouldn't smile. So, the pics didn't turn out that great. But it's cold out now. We have several costume parties to go to this weekend for Halloween and we have no idea what to dress up as. Do you guys have any suggestions? The only thing I found that I though was kind of cute, was the Spartan cheerleaders from SNL. But the costumes are sold out now. So, I don't know what to do. Anyways, I got a new job this week that looks like it will work out pretty nicely. I'm going to be doing freelance writing for a website. (Just like my writing hero, Kimmy!). It pays OK and I think it will work out to let me stop watching Jacob during the week. I really don't enjoy babysitting. I love Seth, but I'm not one of those people that can just do the kid thing all the time and love it. I'm actually thinking of putting Seth in a Mother's Day Out program 2 days a week to give me more time to write and focus on developing my publications design business. I would come out better financially than what I'm doing now and it would give me a little breather during the week to get stuff done and not have to be burned out taking care of Seth. I'm very thankful that I get to stay at home, but being a stay-at-home mom is not the easiest thing to do. You just mentally and emotionally get fried. Although if you ask a mom who works and wants to stay at home, she would tell you that I have the greatest situation in the world and have nothing to complain about. Which is true... but I'm still burned out on kids. Well, enough of that. I need to go get Seth. He's crying. Love you girls!

No comments: