Monday, October 17, 2005

the lady of the house

hey gals, hope you all had good weekends! Mine was very productive, especially if you measure productivity in the amount of money I saved (and spent!) shopping! I hit Gordmans and Kohls pretty hard with some hits to Target, WalMart, and Old Navy along the way too... it was time to stock up for winter!
Chris is in Chicago for the next several days at "Straight Up" which is a leadership conference for all the 'Harvest Bible Chapel's'. He's there with all the pastors, church staff, elders, and a couple of small group leaders. Pray that he gets built up and inspired! Thus, I am the lady of the house until wednesday evening. And this means... the house is CLEAN! well ok, it's getting there anyway. But the big king size bed isn't so much fun without my human furnace just a couple inches away. I had to add another blanket last night.
Saturday afternoon we also cleaned out the garage. That was absolutely lovely (just what this obsessive gal needed - to clean something!). So now we can park both vehicles in the garage, what a concept. Here's my funny story about the garage... Until now, Chris has been the only one to use the garage and park there on occasion. I had always seen him push the button on the inside to close the door and then walk outside with no problem. Well! Sunday evening after dropping Chris off, I drove into the garage for the first time and attempted to close the door as I had seen him do so many times. NOTE: I grew up with a manual garage door. So, in all my excitement of finally getting to park in the garage last night... when I'd push the button and try to walk outside, the garage door would stop and go back up. I didn't learn about the laser-activated safety feature until about 10 minutes ago when Chris (laughing histarically) explained to me how this works! I must have tried 15 times to exit that garage yesterday! ugh!
Anyway, this week I'll be making myself busy and I can't wait for him to be home again. I hope nothing breaks in the house while he's gone, I won't know what to do!
Praying for all of you!

No comments: