Thursday, October 13, 2005

Greetings From the Not-So-Windy-But-Breezy City

Helloooo friends!
Not a lot to tell here, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have been enjoying the posts...
Julie - you are a wonderful mom and I think it's commendable that you have that instinct to protect your child. There are too many parents out there that don't have that in them. And I know you will be ok alone for a while, but by all means don't hesitate to call on friends if any of it gets to be too much for you. You know that if I were still there, I would come stay with you. (*sigh*)
Jennifer - I hope you are getting all of your projects done around the house. It seems like forever since I have seen you, so one of us needs to make the 2.5 hour drive soon. I'll let you know if I ever get a weekend off, but if you want to make it here, just let me know and I'll arrange something. I miss you dearly!
Jamie - So so so glad to hear that things are on the upside again. I assume those little bumps in the road are what make marriages stronger. I really hope all is well and I am VERY glad that you get some time away from school! I am thinking of you!
Kimmie - we have to chat. I feel as though you've dropped off my radar and I don't know what's going on with you! Maybe I'll try calling this weekend...Love you!
Liz - Thinking about you and all you have on your plate makes my head spin, but I know you are one of "those" people who can handle it. Call me when you get a minute. I am usually available in the evenings and Sunday, but I know you go to Seekonk on the weekends, so whenever is fine. I miss you!
Angie - Can I just say that I am so glad that I get to be a part of your life via email everyday. I love it! Though, it's really no subsitute for the real thing. It's like constantly having Diet Coke everyday but every once in a while, you just want the Real Thing...hahaha I just came up with that :)
Ok, so as for me, things are pretty routine in my life at the moment: I go to work, come home, go to the gym, come home, go to bed. Now, there is a little TV (lately the White Sox games, The Biggest Loser, and all the regular Thursday night programming) and a lot of talking on the phone in there, but that's the bulk of my day. :) With weekends come Pottery Barn and household projects with an occasional leisurely walk to the Lake and reading. That's it, that's my life. Not too much there, but I'm ok with it for right now. This keeps the drama out.
Work is going very well - everyday I learn something new. The recruiters are very good about teaching me about the business as we go along (I would have never known the difference between an Account Executive, an Account Supervisor, an Account Director, and an Account Manager in the advertising world...), and are continually giving me more opportunities to grow. We'll see how long I am here, but I will say that this experience is making me rethink what I want to continue my education in.
My family is good. Nothing really new there. So I guess that's about it for me...
Oh, Henry is good, too. We've been dealing with a relapse of ear mites, and he REALLY does NOT like his medicine for that, but I just keep telling him it's all for his own good. Yeah that doesn't work. I end up covered in cat hair with a few minor scratches, and he seems to give me the cold shoulder for a while. Ah, well.
Ok, better get back to work...slow day, can ya tell? ;)
I love you girls dearly! I miss you all...But don't worry...it's only a few (12ish, right?) weeks until the next wedding!

No comments: