Friday, October 07, 2005

butternut squash and apple pie

Hey girls, sorry I've been so long in writing. Jen, I tried to email you a birthday card, but it came back to me. Do you have a new email with your new name or something? Anyway, Happy Belated Brithday. Julie, I'm so sorry to hear you've got to be mostly on your own next month. That's gotta be touch. Kim, I hope you have/had a wonderful trip to Ohio, and that it wasn't too stressful or difficult. Life here is good, and very busy. I've tried to attach a picture of my new little godson, Jahari. I hope it works. It's him at about 3 weeks. Don't tell the picture be deceiving....he's actually just a tiny little peanut. He was not even 7 pounds yet at this picture. Anyway, everything else is going well. We're in the midst of participating in the New England fall activities here. I had Tuesday off, and thought I'd try this awesome new recipe for butternut squash soup. Well let me tell you, I had never cut up a butternut squash before, and although the soup was delicious, I don't know that I ever will again. It's the hardest thing to cut in the world, and so slimy after you peel it. And it smells like watermelon. Weird. But it was yummy, and we had apple pie for dessert fom apples we picked. I love the fall. Ok well, I've got a class the school is paying for me to take on Fridays, so I should get going so I'm not late for my first one. But that's about my life in a nutshell here....babies, fall, my hubby, and of course family too, since we see them almost as much still as when I lived there. I hope all is well with you girls, and that you're also enjoying the beautiful fall weather!

No comments: