Hey, girls. Looks like everyone's been equally as busy the past couple of days. That's good -- now everyone will have a multitude of things to blog about :)
My weekend was pretty full. Amy and Dylan were in town visiting, so we had fun showing them around and just watching Dylan. He's a very funny boy. His favorite new phrase is, "big tractor truck". Every loud car or vehicle he hears is officially a big tractor truck to him. He also gets very excited about fish. There's a set of locks here that have an underwater viewing window and you watch salmon going upstream to spawn. We took Dylan there and the kid practically had a fit he was so excited to see the fish. He kept grabbing anyone that was nearby (strangers included) and yelling "Fish! Fish!" at them. It was hilarious, if not a little embarrassing.
After carrying Dylan around all weekend, I can definitely sympathize with you a little bit, Julie. I could barely move this morning, and that was only after a couple days. You'll have to let us know how the belt thing works out. If my children have the same genes as Adam's family (and I guess there's no way of getting around that) then I'll definitely be needing one some day.
Another big event for me -- I had LASIK eye surgery on Friday. I was terrified to do it, but I'm so glad I did. My vision is now 20/15, and I had a customized laser fix any night vision problems, blurriness and haloes, so I basically can see better than perfect. The only side effect is this red "bruise" on the white of my left eye, which makes me look a little evil. But it's supposed to go away in a couple days, so everyone keep your fingers crossed. I also can't wear eye makeup for a week, which is actually a lot less of a nuisance than I thought it would be. It saves me time in the mornings.
Anyway, if any of you have thought about getting LASIK, do it. It is a little scary, but the procedure itself takes less than 10 minutes total. The key is not to let yourself imagine how horrible it's going to be -- because it's really not that bad. And it's so worth it. Especially for me, since I couldn't really wear contacts any more. Now I don't have to worry about walking into doors in the middle of the night. It's a much safer world out there for me.
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment