So Seth had his choo choo train birthday party on Saturday. It went very well and he had a blast. And as a bonus, our friend, Tim, who had flown into town for some stuff and was supposed to fly out on Saturday morning got stranded here until Monday. He had flown Skybus and was scheduled to fly out Saturday morning at like 9am. So Friday night, Josh just happened to be looking at the Skybus website at like 10pm and they had a bulletin posted that they were going out of business effectively at midnight. Tim's flights were cancelled and he had to rebook, but couldn't get an affordable flight until Monday night. It was so crazy. So, he got to stick around for the birthday party, which I'm not sure he was so excited about but Seth loved it. =) We had tickets with Skybus to Philadelphia the week of Joe's wedding, so we're trying to get our money back and will probably just drive now. Anyways... Seth had a fun day and thoroughly enjoyed all of his birthday party activities. He loved his train cake and all of the Thomas the Train stuff everywhere. The weather was beautiful, so he and his little friends had a blast playing outside. He had a great time and totally crashed at bedtime. We had a full house of overnight guests, so we put Seth in our bed down in the basement and he didn't even try to get out of bed once. (I thought he would because we were not down there with him and I thought he might get a little scared down there by himself) He was sound asleep within like 2 minutes. Almost before I even finished praying with him. He got some new train stuff to add to his collection. He got some superhero stuff to get started on that collection, including a batmobile. And he got hotwheels and a big race track. So, it was pretty much everything he could have asked for. One of our friends got him a tub of art clay, which was approximately the size and color of a tub of butter. Seth pulled it out and exclaimed most excitedly, "Butter! I love butter!" It was one of his favorite gifts, I'm afraid he may be disappointed when he learns it is not actually butter. He really does love butter right now.
Well, I hope the rest of the moving stuff goes well for you guys, Kim. Tell the Schergers I said hi. =) Liz, so happy to hear Katie is home now and you guys get to cuddle and take care of her all the time now. We'll keep praying for you all that she eats well and it all goes smoothly and for rest and endurance for you and Nathan during this stressful, sleep-deprived time. Much love girls! I'll send pics of Seth's party via shutterfly soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment