Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The San Francisco treat...ding ding

It's getting late and I should be getting to bed, but I stayed home sick from work today, so I've got a little cabin fever. And, since I slept in till noon, I'm not too tired yet. But I am feeling better, so that's a good thing.
Adam and I went to San Francisco last weekend -- for Memorial Day and to celebrate our anniversary. I can't believe it's been three years! Sometimes it seems like just yesterday...and other times, it feels like thirty years. :p He also gave me a pair of sapphire earrings! I love them and wish I could wear them every day. But they're pretty dressy and don't go with everything. I was very surprised -- he even picked them out all by himself.
We had a great time in San Fran, though. I found the Full House houses! :p We spent a day in the Sonoma Valley, tasting wine and walking and driving through all the vineyards. Basically all we did really was eat and drink. We also spent a lot of time at the beach where I didn't get sunburned...or even suntanned. And, we managed to climb all the way from Fisherman's Wharf up to Lombard Street - because the line for the streetcar was two hours long. Yeah, I thought we had hills in Seattle -- geesh. My calves still hurt from that. But we were very proud of our chubby little selves after we managed that feat.
So now we're busy getting things done we weren't here to do over the weekend. Adam's little sister is coming to stay with us this weekend. She's going to visit a few of the colleges out here, so we're trying to entice her with all the wonderful Seattle perks. Unfortunately, my apartment is a mess -- I haven't even unpacked -- so we have all that to do tomorrow night to get ready for her arrival.
We're also deciding on where and when to move. Our lease is up, and we're trying to decide if now's the time to buy or if we should just rent for a bit longer. We do have some more debt to pay off -- so we'll definitely wait for that to be gone before we do buy...but I'm ready to find something a little bigger for sure.
Hope all is well with you girls! Love ya!

No comments: