Saturday, May 13, 2006

I Give In

Ok, I give in...I'll post. I actually had to post something on a blog for the church we're planting, so I checked this one as well, and thought I'd post. Juls, I think you're asking the wrong people for parenting advice, as oh, none of us have kids. If I were you, I'd trying light spanking and/or time out in his crib when you say no. That might help him associate "no" with negative consequences. "redirecting" works sometimes, but being in the education field I think it can be full of crap sometimes. So there is my expertise with my wealth of knowledge. I just get to enjoy the benefits of godparenting my little godson right now, which means I get all the perks with none of the hard work. And my goodness, is my little godson adorable. He's now saying a couple words at not even 9 months, and standing. I love it! It's an amazing feeling to put a little person down, and see them cry until they make their way crawling and walking back to you.
Anway, on another note...we're quite busy here. Things are stepping it up a bit with the church launch, which is in Sept. We have a lot of outreaches and work to do this summer. Between that, classes, visiting fam, and fam visiting us, our summer will be completely insane. Check out the splash page Nathan created for the website... lifesongonline.org
Other than that things are normal. Work, classes, time with my hubby, family. 26 more days of school and counting. Ok, gotta get going. There's a food drive this weekend, so my parent's food pantry will be inundated with food that needs to be sorted. Good luck with your new challenges Julie, and I hope everyone else is doing well!

No comments: