Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ok, ok, ok...

Yeah, I guess I'll give in, too...Honestly, I've been thinking about posting something for about a week now, but I just haven't made myself sit down and do it yet.
So, I just finished up my third week working at Onlineshoes, copywriting. At first, I was a little lost, then I was just kind of bored, but now I'm getting to know my coworkers and it's going great. The job itself isn't the most stimulating -- I mean, how much can you really say about shoes...really? But I am learning a lot -- I mean, a lot -- about the shoe industry, as well as fashion...oh yeah, we have handbags on the site, also. I may not really need any more purses, exactly, but they are fun to look at and try out.
So since we're all sharing websites right now, here's mine: www.onlineshoes.com. (By the way, tell Nathan good job on that website, Liz -- it's stellar.) I just wrote some copy for Uggs that might be up, and I've been doing a lot of outdoors and athletic shoes -- Columbia, Timberland, Reebok, etc. My job is mainly to write the product descriptions, as well as the features, for each shoe.
My mom was out visiting last weekend -- sort of as an early mother's day present. I had to work a couple of the days she was here, so she kept herself busy cleaning my apartment and taking Duray for walks. We did get down to the waterfront and got to do some other touristy things -- I think she just really needed a break from Ohio. She and my dad are officially divorced now and she received the settlement. So now it's up to her to start the long process of getting past all of that. It's still very weird for all of us. She did go buy a new car, though. :p
I'm going to be purchasing my ticket to Chicago this weekend -- yay :) Had to wait until I got a little money in the bank first...
Well, Adam's in ground school today, so I'm off to go meet him for lunch...

Love you all!

No comments: