Saturday, June 21, 2008

first major injury





Hey girls, I just wanted to post a few pictures of Seth with his first big injury. We're all quite proud of the manly wound and it's one to go in the baby books. =) It actually happened last week, but I just got the pictures from mom and dad. Seth got his first set of stitches on his forehead. We were at my parents house and I had just left to go pick up Josh when my mom called me about a mile down the road and said "everything's under control, but Seth bumped his head and it might need a couple stitches." So I turned around and went back to see how he was doing. His head was gashed open and it was so deep you could see right down almost to the skull. yuk! Apparently, he was running into my dad's office where uncle Dan was waiting to tickle him and then he would run out into the foyer where my dad was waiting to hit him back into the office with a pillow. So, dad hit him with a pillow and bounced him headfirst right into a marble coffee table. Everyone felt pretty awful. We weren't mad though because even if we had been there, we would probably have just been waiting on the other side of the room to hit him with another pillow. lol... I'm just glad I wasn't there because I think when his forehead popped open I would have freaked out at all the blood. My dad put in the stitches, which was nice so we didn't have to make a trip to the ER. So, Seth got 5 stitches in his forehead and is forever manlier from it. Josh took the stitches out yesterday and it looks pretty good. I don't think it will scar too badly long-term. So, anyways... here are a few trophy pictures from Seth's first set of stitches. The one of him playing guitar with Daniel was him and Dan singing the "Papa hit me with a pillow and I busted my head open" blues. (Seriously, Daniel taught him a whole song so that he could sing it to my dad and rub it in.) But the guitar session seemed to cheer Seth up. Well, I can't wait to see you girls in just a few days (except Jamie). =( Hope you all are having a good weekend.

No comments: