Ok, Katie had her MRI this past Tuesday, and thankfully, the report was generated very quickly. I met with her pediatrician today who was able to explain the portions of the report to me that I did not understand....
Basically, it's very good news overall. Her bleed is gone now...it has probably broken up and absorbed, which is exactly what it should have done. So that's great news! From what I can tell, there is seen to indicate that she has too much spinal fluid, or that the exit of the fluid is blocked. The pediatrician told me that these reports need to be read in conjunction with her growth chart. We want her head to continue to measure normally. So for it has. Hydrocephalus causes the head to become large beccause there is no where for the spinal fluid to go. So instead of Katie going back in 2 months, she will go back in a month just to have her head measured. But I think that is just more precautionary. The pediatrician stressed that we will just watch her now as we would any other infant.
The report did show something else completely unrelated, but it's not a problem unless it's in conjunction with other things. So that made us a tiny bit nervous, but that is fine as well. The pediatrician said it's something we never would have known about if she hadn't been premature. So everything should be fine. I don't really like the fact that we need to watch her head though. I didn't actually see my normal pediatrian today because he was at a conference, so I'm going to see what he says too when I go in next month. But really it's good news. One more thing we've overcome:)
As far as the trip to DC is concerned,all 3 of us are coming in on Thursday early afternoon until Monday. We're hoping to have some time to see the sights on Friday and Sunday. We haven't booked out hotel yet either, and haven't figured out yet if we're renting a car. But I'll need to look into that stuff relatively soon now that things are slowing down again. I can't wait to see everyone. And thanks again for the prayers. Everytime something pops up, it's like the first time. It's so good to know we have such amazing friends who keep us and Katie lifted up in prayer.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment