Wednesday, March 29, 2006
name it and claim it!
Hey girls! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I really just had nothing interesting to say. Jennifer, laminate flooring is a pain. My parents did it themselves in their house and it took weeks. It does look beautiful, but not so easy. Isn't it wierd taking pregnancy tests? Most of the time they're negative. But it's always wierd to take one. I've taken a lot because I am always a bit neurotic about worrying that I might be pregnant when I'm not on birth control. And you can't take BC pills when you're nursing, so I took a few tests after Seth was born just to make sure. Of course, it's not really supposed to be all that easy to get pregnant when you're nursing either when you haven't had a period yet. But just in case you girls are ever in that position, take it from me that it can be easier than you think to get pregnant again when you are still nursing and have not had a period for over a year and a half. If you happen to be anything like me, you can get pregnant that very first time you ovulate before you ever have a period. It's highly unlikely, but not at all impossible. Just a heads up! =) Speaking of pregnancy, I went to my doctor yesterday for a checkup. All is well and the baby looks good. He did an ultrasound and decided that my due date is September 27, 2006. Which is pretty much when I thought it was. Still don't know what it is but will hopefully be able to find out in a month. I'm still only 14 weeks along, so it's a bit early to tell. My doctor is very nice, but let me tell you girls, I am apparently not naming and claiming my healing from pregnancy nausea nearly enough because Dr. Ross (who is a very high strung, holy roller, Christian) told me yesterday that it is not God's will for me to be vomiting all the time. He literally spent at least 30 minutes just preaching at me about divine healing and confessing it and how when we're not healed it's because of a lack of faith on our part and not because God doesn't want to heal us. And so on, and so on, and so on. Now, don't get me wrong girls, I absolutely believe in God's healing power and in claiming healing by faith and professing His word through prayer. However, I've been praying for the nausea to stop for months now and so has my family and He's just not doing it. Maybe we're not doing it all the way we should, but I've also seen God choose not to heal a lot of people who had people praying for them who were doing it right they were doing it right themselves. I don't understand everything about healing, and I'm not cynical about it. But I can tell you, by the time my quick checkup had turned into a 2 hour church service with Seth sitting in his stroller the whole time crying, I was about ready to shove the speculum down my doctor's throat. Seth handled things pretty well though by pulling an entire tray of sterilized equipment over onto the floor. I still cannot tell you what the baby's heart rate was or how big it is or even if it was moving because my whole ultrasound was spent talking about my obvious lack of faith in divine healing instead of about my baby, which I will admit I was significantly more interested in. Oh well,... I like having a Christian doctor, he just pushed it a little too far yesterday. But I will stick with him because he gives me all the drugs I want and does whatever I ask. So, that's about it for me. Life is pretty dull lately. Josh works 12 hours a day and most weekends, so I spend a lot of time alone. I'm still getting sick and have recently developed a problem with migranes. Pretty common during pregnancy. It will pass soon hopefully. I have also developed a really annoying side effect of acne. YUK! I really hope that passes soon. Seth is doing well. He's a good baby and is getting very talkative. Not with real words yet, but he still talks a lot. He has learned to say "Hi". He likes to pick up the phone and talk on it. Not walking quite yet. He turns one next week. We are having a zoo themed birthday party because he loves animals. Most of our family is coming into town for the party. So, that will be fun. (It's April 8th at 1pm just in case anyone happens to be in Tulsa that weekend). Other than that I've just been working on some marketing and promotions preojects at church and for a client that hired me to market a childrens film. That's about it. Love you girls!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment