Hey gals,
Life has been crazy full lately. Chris' cousin passed away on thursday and we had the funeral today. he was just 29 years old and died of a massive heart attack. So that's made us think about our own wishes and insurance policies, should we pass... very sad.
I just felt that I would get the warning out to any other do-it-yourself-ers out there, about our recent experience with laminate flooring. Saturday and Sunday we spent putting in laminate floor in the kitchen and dining areas. It took 2 full days and we still have 3 more boards to do. We worked until it was dark both days and it was just plain horrid, frustrating, back breaking work. It's not as easy as the packages make it sound. So, if any of you ever get to the point when you have to replace a floor, my recommendation would be to either save a bit more money and hire it done, or do ceramic tile. The end result is beautiful (and a bit slippery to start), but I've not yet decided whether it was worth the work and frustrations.
Today I brought home a bassinette. :) No, I'm not pregnant. My sister-in-law is certain they will not have any more children, so I've inherited some books and a couple of other items. Exciting! Oh yes, I did take my first pregnancy test about a month ago. That was an all-toghther strange feeling!
Must get back to my work now. love and miss you all!
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment