Hello friends! I know it's been a long time since i have posted anything on here. I am so sorry...
There was a reason for that, and now I get to tell you the whole story. But first, I want to say that I have been thinking about all of you a lot lately, and i hope that you all have a very merry Christmas! I will see most of you at Angie's wedding in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!
Julie, I've been thinking of you a lot lately! If you get time, give me a call. I know you're busy, though. My prayers are with you. You've had a rough season. Liz, I hope you're feeling better! Angie, well, I just hope that you are not stressed and that you are motivated and getting things done! It's almost here! Kimmie, I hope you're ready for your travels! I will talk to you tonight! Jamie, I hope you enjoy your first Christmas with Nick as your hubby! I'll be thinking of you! Jennifer...thanks for supporting me. It means the world to me. And tell Chris thanks for everything, too. I really appreciate it.
Ok, here's the deal:
As most of you know, I have been talking to a guy from Tulsa for about the past month or so. His name is Shawn Cobb. He's 26 and he works at Kaiser Aluminum in Tulsa. He graduated from OSU in Engineering and he also has his own consulting business for that. He goes to Celebration Family Church (where Lee, Kathy, Erika, Danie and everyone go) and he is also going to Victory Bible Institute as well. I started talking to him because of Danie (she's really good friends with him), and even though I had never met him, we had a great connection. It started as just talking all the time...just fun conversations getting to know each other because Danie is close with both of us. That turned into, "Wow, we really have a great chemistry, at least on the phone, maybe we should meet." So, after some major thinking, praying and planning, he bought me a plane ticket and I flew there this past weekend to meet him and have our first date. I knew he had a lot up his sleeve, he wouldn't tell me much about what we were going to do. I was a little nervous about meeting him, and rightly so, I think. :) but as soon as I flew in on Friday night, I went to see him (he had to work that night), and from then on I knew it would all be ok. Better than ok. I knew it would be perfect. And it was. (Don't you just love the drama?! Hee hee). I was staying at Erika's house and the next morning, her oldest, Justyce, had a basketball game. I went to that and then brought Justyce with me to have breakfast with Shawn, his mom Karen, his niece Summer, and his nephew Skyler. It's a long story as to why they were around, but the point is that we had a great time. I'm not gonna lie...it was a bit awkward at first, but that was gone quickly. We all had a great time. Then Shawn and I took Justyce home and he took me to the Tulsa Aquarium. Now, it's no Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, but it was pretty cool and we got to pet lots of slimy scaley animals. Then we went back to his apartment (his fam was still there). He had to run an errand "really quick" and so I stayed with his mom for another 45 minutes. Yeah. It was cool, though. It gave us a chance to chat a little more and I hung out with his niece - we did a Soduku puzzle! He finally came back and then i went to Erika's to get ready for the evening. He came to the door about an hour later with 2 dozen roses -yellow and orange- and a limo to take us to dinner and then to the Nutcracker ballet. It was AMAZING! Everything about the night was great. It was perfect. And yes, he kissed me, but it wasn't until we were on our way to the ballet in the limo. That was perfect, too. Then on Sunday, I spent some time with Erika, then I picked him up and he came over to watch Muppet's Christmas Carol with Erika, Aaron and the kids. It was a great time spending the afternoon with all of them. Then I had to go, but we stopped by Pottery Barn on the way to the airport, so he met that whole crew as well.
So. Now you guys get to meet him too! He's flying in for Angie's wedding.
As far as our status, yes we are a couple. And as most of you know, as well, I have been considering a move back to Tulsa again for a while, and for various reasons, but it seems like this is something that I really want to see through, so that is pretty much the plan. I think I will move back there in April. That's what I know now.
So that's that...this is a novel. I'm sure I'll talk to you all soon! I love you and I miss you!
Monday, December 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment