Thursday, December 15, 2005
hello ladies!
Hey girls! We all need to step up the postings, we're getting pretty skimpy on new stuff to read. =) I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season. Only about a week left to shop for Christmas! I'm almost done. I really had all of my shopping done early, plus I mostly just made gifts for everyone except Seth. But then my grandma in Tulsa called and asked me to do all of her shopping for the family in Ohio. Like I needed one more thing to do... I did all my stuff early so that I would be available to just deal with any family stuff that came up. I'm still trying to visit my grandma in Ohio as much as possible. She's lost her voice now because the tumors have pressed her nerves that control her voice. So she can't really talk. My heart breaks for her because now the only thing she had in life was to visit her family and she can't hardly do that anymore. I really hope she makes it to Christmas. She just needs to hold out 10 more days... She's really excited about coming over for Christmas to watch the grandkids open presents. She can't walk at all. So my brothers will carry her and her oxygen stuff if they have to to make sure she gets here. I went over last night to give grandma a manicure and pedicure. It was a nice time together. I'm actually just home today getting caught up on stuff. We're snowed in and Seth is sick. So, I'm not going anywhere. It's actually kind of nice though because this last week has been very busy. Josh's other grandma died on Friday and we had her funeral on Tuesday. Plus all of the family came in and stuff and that's always hectic. Josh is in Iowa right now burying his grandma. Then Josh's mom got married on Saturday (day after her mom died). She didn't decide to do it until like a day before. So, Josh, Vanessa and I had like 24 hours to throw her a wedding and be with her and grandma when grandma died. Let me tell you, it's a difficult thing to watch someone you love take her last breath. It was a rough week. I feel like all we've done since we've been here is cook and clean for events and people (like Sarah and my neice, Vicki, my grandma, and all the funerals) and then go to funerals and visit people in the hospital. I'm enjoying the short break I have because I'm afraid I'm going to have to do it all over again in a few days for my grandma. Except that will be harder because I just don't know how to be there for my mom and grandpa emotionally. I'm afraid of what it will be like when everyone is hurting so much. Josh's grandmas were both ready to go, they were widowed and older. My grandma is still young and married with a very healthy husband and should have a lot more years of health and active years. It's hard to watch her go through all of this. But anyways... I don't want to write about such miserable stuff. It's just that this is the only stuff we've got going on right now and I don't really know what else to say. ... Seth cut his first tooth. =) That was kind of cute, although it made him crazy because it's hard on them when they cut teeth. He's crawling all over the place now and getting huge. He's pretty funny. Josh is enjoying his rotation with my dad in the ER. He's gotten to do quite a bit and he's stitched several lacerations. So, that has been good experience for him. It's frigid in Ohio and we've been snowed in several times now this month. I'm actually missing Tulsa a little. I missed Tulsa a lot this week when it was like 16 degrees in Ohio and I saw on the weather channel that it was 55 degrees in Tulsa. Oh well. At least I'll be sure to have a white Christmas this year. Well, I'll stop writing now. Sorry this has been so long. Seth has been napping for 3 hours now and I don't have anything else to do but tell you all my every thought. Anyways, love you girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment