Friday, January 11, 2008

Well, everyone else is...

Hi everyone! I can’t tell you how much I enjoy reading everyone’s blogs. I feel like I have nothing to compare going on in my life! No buns in the oven, no kids, no recent discoveries of family connected to the mafia…my life is officially boring. J Ok, ok, so it’s definitely not boring, but just not exciting.

Well December was a pretty horrible month for us. A coworker of mine committed suicide, so that was pretty rough for my team. Another close friend from work found out that her dad has cancer and was only given 3-6 months to live. For those of us who have dealt with cancer and the horrible effects of it (no matter what the outcome), it just seems to hit that much closer to home. We also had a HUGE ice storm here in Tulsa that left the city looking like an atomic bomb hit – and just took out the trees. Literally. It, in turn, left us without power for 8 days. All of this was in 2 weeks. Nice.

However, the turning point was when I got to see my wonderful husband take that long-awaited walk across the stage as he accepted his degree. Yes, he graduated on December 18! It was only a year that he was in school to finish, but it was a tough year. We got through it successfully, though, so his mom and grandpa came up to celebrate! Then, later that week, we headed down to Chickasha for our Christmas vacation. We had a great time, but we were both sick. We both went to the doctor when we got back to Tulsa the day after Christmas to find out that we had sinus infections. That week is a bit of a blur, since I spent most of it in bed, but I was well enough to get together with some friends for New Year’s Eve. We saw the ball drop on TV and then headed home. Very exciting. J

Let’s see…what else is going on…We purchased a used Honda Passport back in October thinking that it would be easy to fix what was wrong on our own, but we are finding that we were sorely mistaken. We’re still trying to purchase a rebuilt transmission for it (3 months later), and we’re hoping that will be done this month! All in all, though, we are still getting a great deal, even with replacing the transmission, so we’re not too disappointed.

Shawn has finally gone full time at his job at Callidus Technologies. He was part time there during his final semester. We just got through renegotiating his salary and are fairly satisfied with the outcome. Of course, we could always use more, but we’re very happy with what we got. Now, this year will finally be the year to pay off most of our debt and we’ll finally get to start travelling a little to visit our friends. We’re planning on going to Joe’s wedding in DC and then heading up to Aaron and Angie’s through the Fourth of July. I am also planning on heading to Denver to see Jacqueline and her baby (she’s due any time now) sometime in March – so Jamie, we’ll have to get together while I’m there!

I think that’s all the majors from the past month or so. I look forward to all the continued blogging… LOVE YOU GIRLS! Miss you mucho.

No comments: