Friday, January 11, 2008

Little ray of sunshine

I've loved reading everyone's recent updates -- I, too, have been missing you girls a lot lately. I could really use a spa day with all of you about now!
Liz, I'm so happy for you and your baby bump. You are adorable! You must keep us posted on the progress.
Julie, that's crazy about your family. Remind me never to double-cross you.

This week has been our hardest by far. I know there aren't many others to compare it to yet, but hopefully things get a little easier after this phase passes. I have mastitis for the second time, which pretty much makes you feel like you've been hit by a truck. A truck that was aiming for your boob. It sucks. And you get a lovely fever and chills and all the treats that come with the flu on top of everything. It's also really been affecting Violet this time. She's been extremely fussy the past few days and won't sleep unless she's being held. Even at night. All night. So it's been a little challenging.
One of the huge blessings I'm realizing through all of this, though, is what an amazing husband I have. He hasn't complained once about 3 am diaper changes and he even sits next to me and rubs my hair while I wince and cry as Violet nurses. I don't know if we've just been too exhausted to argue these past few weeks, but it really feels like we've become even closer through all of this. And watching him be a dad is just about the sexiest thing ever.

Apart from our baby ups and downs (there are more ups than downs, thankfully), we are also considering a move to LA sometime in the next few months. The Seattle branch of Adam's company is being restructured, so his role would change drastically up here. But his bosses in LA (which is also where the CEO works) really want Adam to move down there and work. He'd have a lot better opportunities and -- hopefully -- better pay. The downside is, of course, having to move, especially when we've just started to make our home here in Seattle. But all signs are pointing to a move to LA sometime soon. The office is actually in Santa Monica, which isn't so LA-ish, but is still very expensive and so not our style. But hopefully we'll be able to find a little neighborhood that suits us.
And who knows -- maybe we can have a future Sapphires reunion on the beach!

Ok, the little angel is finally asleep, so I think I'm going to go do the same. Love you girls and miss you lots!

No comments: