Hey girls! I don't have much to say right now because there's not really anything new happening this week. My brother got married on Saturday. It was lovely and stressful and exhausting and everything you would expect when your ADD little brother decides to do something like throw a wedding for 400 people. Dan and Lauren are on their cruise now and should return tomorrow. Their flight was delayed the morning after the wedding, which caused them to miss their connecting flight to Houston (cruise out of Galveston). So, they missed their cruise departure and had to fly to Jamaica to catch the boat at its first port. It worked out though because dad got them 2 nights in Jamaica at a Breezes resort for their wedding gift so that they wouldn't have to stay in the ghetto and get their fingers cut off for their wedding rings. Lauren spent the morning crying because they missed their cruise and then spent the evening crying because she was so excited about the all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. I think they're have a good time because Daniel sent us all a picture text message the morning after the wedding with his arms over his head and the title "Victory!" Anyways, after sleeping for like 2 days to recover from all the wedding chaos, I started working part-time doing some copy-writing for a friend of Kim and Adams and that has kept me very busy. I am writing about herbal supplements and I am now dreaming about vitamins and herbs all night long. Although, I'm also thinking about starting on a couple specific herbal regimens. I'm going to turn into a crazy, holistic, herbal supplement popping hippie by the time I'm done with this job. Also this week... we went out with mom and dad and Dave and Ben and Sarah and their kids on Tuesday night. David had a piece of art that was chosen to be displayed at the Young Masters art exhibit in the Troy Haner Center (where Kim got married). So we all got together for dinner and to see his art. It was very good by the way, he's quite talented. Anyways, we were at dinner and my nephew, Owen, stood up on his chair and shouted "Hey everybody! There's a baby in my mommy's tummy!" So, Sarah is pregnant again and is due December 24. I think they were ready and were planning to start trying around now anyways. But now the pressure is on because everyone expects us to follow suit pretty quickly and we're not quite ready yet. We close on our house on Wednesday and will be working furiously to get painting and stuff done so that we can move in ASAP and stop living with my parents. We have quite a bit to do and no money to do it, so that does take some of the fun out the renovations I have to admit. But, I will post pics of our new pad once we get things settled a bit. I feel like things have just been a whirlwind lately with weddings and work and moving and Josh's graduation is coming up. Also, both of my babies are sick and that can be time-consuming because they don't sleep and all they do is fuss and wipe snot everywhere. YUK! Lilah has been up every night for the past week because she's sick and last night she woke up with a 102 degree fever. I think she has developed an ear infection from the nasty cold she's had. The poor thing really feels yucky. Seth is handling it a bit better. So we would appreciate prayers for everyone to be healthy again.
Kim, your blog made me smile because you are able to put such a ray of light on life even when it's not perfect. I hope you get a job situation worked out that you enjoy a bit more. Although I will miss your discount. For the first time in my life, I have nice shoes! I also hope you get pregnant soon. Although, I do love little black babies. They just don't get much cuter. =) I know that God will work something out for you that is perfect and even though it is really difficult to go along with it right now, I'm sure that you and Adam and your future babies (whatever color they may be) have wonderful blessings ahead. And if you do have like quintuplets or something, I'm sure that your Sapphire sisters would be happy to at least help you out with them so you can take a nap or go shopping or whatever. (And I really would take one or two if you want. hehehe... just kidding... no, I'm not).
Love you girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment