It's almost the weekend and it cannot come soon enough. I was supposed to have my annual performance review at work today (groan) but it looks like it will be taking place next week instead. I can't believe I've been here for a year already. A whole year of my life dedicated to shoes. It's been a good run but I think it might be time for me to start looking for something else.
So there's been some more turmoil on the family front. Adam's step-dad, Ken, moved out and will probably be divorcing Adam's mom sometime soon. This wasn't completely unexpected – he's been a not-nice person for a while now – but it's still been sort of a difficult time for everyone. Especially for Kendra, Adam's younger sister, who is about to graduate from high school. Anyway, we'd appreciate prayers for his family, and for us, because it's a little freaky when almost every adult in your life is getting divorced. Okay, maybe not every adult, but sometimes it feels like that.
We're still trying to multiply the Linds – so far, without any luck. My doctor put me on a fertility drug last month, which increases our chances of having multiple babies. But if any more than two come out, we're going to ship them out to you all.
It is hard to let go and trust that someone has a better plan for your life than you do, especially when you want something so badly. But maybe that's part of the process for us. Needless to say, we will be overjoyed when it happens. And if it never does, expect some little black Sapphire babies to be adopted into the family.
I guess that's all the news from Seattle for right now. Hope you all have lovely weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment