Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm sick. And it sucks.

Apparently, being sick not only turns me into a quivering puddle of whining and coughing, it also aggravates my emotional side a little bit.

I stayed home sick from work today because I had a fever of 102 this morning. Add that to the fact that the city of Seattle has turned into one giant ice skating rink, and there’s no way I’m leaving my warm pile of pets and blankets on my couch.

So I watched Akeelah and the Bee. And if it weren’t for my pitiful sick state, I probably still would have liked the movie. I mean, a cute little girl from South L.A. who can spell and who goes to the National Spelling Bee? That’s just heartwarming for everyone. But add to that a feverish, emotional girl, and I was practically crying my eyes out.

Then, I check out Jen’s blog today and find that she wrote the most beautiful things about me a few days ago, and I started the waterworks all over again. I miss you girls! I remember being sick in college, and knowing that a comforting hug or a cup of tea was just down the hall. If we were all together right now, I’d pop in You’ve Got Mail and sit back and enjoy the chitchat and laughter that always follow us wherever we go.

No comments: