Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm still alive

So yea... I'm still here in PA
Julie - Congratulations, I'm so excited for you! So far, so good in that department for me... No oops pregnancies here and I hope to keep it that way for another 3-5 years.
So here's an update on me... I know I haven't written in forever... So sorry.
It was so great to see you all (those who could make it... We missed you Jamie & Sarah) at the wedding. I miss you all already.
The honeymoon to Mexico was fabulous... It's so nice to be waited on hand and foot and not have to lift a finger for anything. We didn't do much of anything beside sleep for the first couple of day, but even that was so great. We had a lot of catching up to do in that area after the festivities. Towards the end of the week we ventured out and visited the Mayan Ruins, the closest Mexican town - Playa Del Carmen, and spent one day snorkeling. We were ready to set up our house and home there and not come back to reality. But we thought it better to work then get further in to debt.
Ok... So married life is great, now that I'm feeling a lot better. As some of you may already know, 3 days after we got back from Mexico I got the flu. It was awful - I ran fevers over 102 and sometimes over 103 for 6 days straight. After that I had minor fevers (99-101) for about 3-4 days and then I got a really bad sinus congestion for about 3 days... I was out of work for a week and basically layed around, sweated out fevers and changed my clothes about 5-8 times per day... Not so fun. But... I'm feeling a lot better now and loving married life. Now I just have to find the motivation to go through all the boxes in the office. There's just so much organizing to do I don't know where to start.
Other than that... Aaron and I are having fun getting used to living together. We started going to a young marrieds small group and have thus far had a good time getting to know our group as well as other young marrieds in the church. It's been way too long since we've branched out and met knew people and its so nice to finally have couples that Aaron and I can connect with and hang out with. I'd forgotten how much fun it is.
Well... I'm at work and should get back to that since I've already spent half the day being distracted. But I'll definitely try to do better with the writing thing. I miss you guys and I'm glad to see all things working out in everyone's lives. Can't wait to see you in July!

No comments: