Ok well, Katie had her appointment today with the plastic surgeon, who said that the hemangioma on her neck is a good candidate for removal. I was very impressed with everyone in his office, and they were all excellent with Katie. It was the first appointment for her hemangioma that hasn't resulted in screaming and tears. On the contrary, she was quite happy and everyone loved her (I have my suspicions that it was also attributed to Nathan being there...what is it about girls and their daddies?). Anyway, he was very good and will take it right off, and offered to take the other two on her torso off as well. Nathan and I are thinking about that, but don't want her to have even more scars. There is one other large-ish one on her clavical that we might do...mostly because the large ones are scarier with ulceration.
So they've scheduled her surgery for Nov 19. I'm a little bummed it's so close to Thanksgiving because I know she'll still be in pain, and she has to wear braces on her arms which prevent her from bending at the elbows so she doesn't mess with the dressing. I was hoping to have it done sooner than that, but it could be worse. At least it's not close to Christmas I suppose. She will be kept overnight. Definitely keep her in prayer that week. It is a serious surgery, as hemangiomas are blood-filled, but they do more now than they used to. So I'm anxious and nervous, and hate having my baby on the operating table again, but relieved at the thought that hopefully, by Christmas this nasty experience will only be a memory. So we're just praying and believing for the surgery to go well, minimal bleeding, and an easy recovery.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment