Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gramma Ruth and a lump

Hey ladies, I have my 39.5 week appt today and they will "check" me, so stay tuned for if i'm dilated at all!
Wanted to keep you posted on a couple of things going on with us right now. First, my step-grandma, Gramma Ruth, went to be with Jesus on Saturday morning. She had been in the hospital on and off for a few months now... congestive heart falure, infection in the kidneys, and pneumonia. Her lungs could no longer work to breathe through the fluid in her lungs, and she did not want to be put on a respirator. So she went to be with Jesus and her husband with 3 (of 4) of her children at her side. the fammily is doing visitation and funeral stuff today and tommorrow, but i could not travel to be there being so close to my due date.
Second, I had an ultrasound done today on my right breast. A month and a half ago I discovered a lump, which my OBGYN has been watching. It didn't change at all, which ruled out the possibility of it being a milk duct. The ultrasound showed today that it is likely a Fibroadenoma, a kind of tumor. You can read up on it yourself, but long story short, they are 95% of the time NOT cancer. I meet with a breast surgeon on the 23rd (next thursday) to see about getting a biopsy done. Girls, at this point, would you just pray that I would keep my heart/mind/soul focused on Christ and not on the circumstance? I would greatly appreciate that!!! We have enough to think about right now!
girls, please do your monthly breast exams!

No comments: