Monday, November 28, 2005

CT Scans, Ultrasounds, and the Chick Magnet

I commonly feel as though I have nothing to write about, and then it seems that lots of little stuff happens. Then I feel like I have so much to tell you all! So here’s the latest…
Chris had another chest X-ray this morning. The Pneumonia has cleared out. Chris is still coughing and they say this could continue for another month yet even. I’m really glad we postponed the honeymoon. BUT, his doctor saw a nodule on one of the lungs and is bringing Chris in for a CT scan tomorrow afternoon. A little scary but no worries as of yet…
Last week I went in for my annual yucky appointment. The doctor felt what she thought could be a cyst on my left ovary. So I had to wait an excruciating hour and a half to see the ultrasound lady. That was not a fun time. But everything turned out just fine. I guess she was feeling part of my intestine which had moved around the ovary.
I hope the Thanksgiving season was productive for all of you – and by productive, I mean fattening and full of shopping :) We were able to get started on our Christmas shopping. I think we’re about half way done. We did most of the shopping later in the day on Friday and Saturday to avoid the crazy ladies getting all their gifts before 7AM. We managed to have 3 thanksgiving dinners over the weekend. I refused to step on the scale today and am anxious for my new tennis shoes to arrive and start the workout program once again.
We have decided to sell the “chick magnet” minivan. We are trying to make it as a one vehicle family. Yes, it’s difficult and frustrating at times. It also provides for many cases of compromise. We wanted to take this step in order to pay off the car loan and get out of some debt. As it looks right now, there is no room for little Jen and Chris juniors in the budget and we want to be able to have some freedom with our money and alleviate some budget pressure.
And I think that about does it for me! Can’t wait for Angie’s wedding to see you all!

No comments: