Hey girls!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I thought I would start the sharing about what I am thankful for this year. First of all the thing I am most thankful for is the heartbeat of our baby! We are 13 weeks pregnant. :) After 3 long years of trying and a few mis-haps we have heard the heartbeat of our baby 3 times now.
I began to suspect something was up in mid-September. When I missed my cycle it took me another 5 days before I could even get enough courage to take a prego test. I told Nick by waking him up and giving him a Father's Day card that I had forgotten to give him. It took him a minute or two to put it all together.
I have had such a deep peace about this pregnancy that I didn't feel like I need to tell anyone for a long time. Nick had to convince me to tell my mom. We didn't start telling other family until we heard the first heart beat at 6 weeks.
As we went in for our first ultra-sound we were very guarded. That is where we found out there was no baby last time. I laid there with my eyes closed for most of the ultra-sound. When the tech said she could see a heart beat I could barely look. She turned the sound on and the sound was incredible!
We got to see the baby again about 10 days later at our second appointment. Our doctor is great about reassuring me at ever step. We heard the heart beat again last week at our 12 week appointment. :)
I'm beginning to get more and more excited that it is really going to happen this time. My stomach is beginning to show, only to me, but its growing. :)
So... we are extremely thankful this Thanksgiving! I pray that you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving. We are praying for you all and look forward to an update from you all soon.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
YAY! I'm soo excited for you guys and will definitely be praying for things to go smoothly and perfectly!
YAY!!! Jamie! I'm so thrilled! We have all been praying for this for such a long time! I am so excited for what the future holds for your family! :-)
I forgot to tell you my due date... It's June 2nd. I'm still up for coming to the Sapphire Reunion if it is later in the summer. :)
Congrats Jamie! What happy news to get this time of year. Hope we get a chance to connect this week. Love ya!
WOW! So excited. Congrats.
hey i just realized, if you have your little one a week late, and i have mine a week early as is scheduled, we could have very close birthdays!
of course, i wouldn't wish that anyone goes overdue because tht's just awful... but it would still be neat :)
That would be fun... I'm not sure the overdue part, but the birthdays close together would be fun. :)
I would just like to say that I just got to see Jamie AND her baby bump over the weekend and she looks fantastic! :P
I'm dancing in my lving room right now Jamie! =) SOOOOOO happy for you! We will absolutely keep praying for you and a healthy baby. Congratulations! Love ya!
Post a Comment