Wow...things have been a little rough lately. I started a Bible study last week called Believing God by Beth Moore. It seems very timely with what is going on in our lives. There is a quote from today's lesson that I wanted to share with you. When I read it, I thought of you all and hope it encourages you.
"Faith unchallenged is faith stifled. Believers who know what they want to believe and refuse to be challenged may have a stand of faith but they may not have a walk of faith."
My first response to this was wow and ouch. I want to have a walk of faith but does it have to be so hard? I've really been thinking a lot lately about why I've had to go through miscarriages, and one outcome has been a growth of my faith. Not really the outcome I had expected.
I pray that as you are experiencing your own trials of loss, moving, family life and financial stuff, that your faith will be strengthened. I wish it wasn't so hard.
Over the past few weeks, I have had a picture of what I am experiencing. I seem to be walking through a deep forest valley that is covered in a thunderstorm. It's dark and wet and not fun. But when I realized that my faith was being challenged I noticed that there was a shaft of light and that I wasn't alone. I found that this light, while not huge, was lighting just enough of my path to see the next step. I wish I could see what the entire path looks like. I also realized that I wasn't alone, I had your friendships and the Lord walking with me.
I know I want my faith to be a walk not just a stand and I guess that means I will experience circumstances that appear to be impassable. One of my verses in today's lesson was 2 Cor. 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight." Beth made me paraphrase this verse with the Greek definitions of live and sight. This is what I came up with: "We make due use of opportunities by faith not by the external or outward appearances." I hope that encourages you to not look at the circumstance but at the opportunity.
Again, I wish it wasn't always so hard and I will be praying for each of you as you are experiencing your own trials. I look forward to the next few months and hope that it produces some break-thoroughs and joys. Love you all so much!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment