Saturday, January 24, 2009

na, na na, na na, na.... (add mocking tone in your head)

So, I had mentioned that Josh was rotating in Michigan the past two weeks for a urology spot up there. We were officially offered the position this week and will be moving to start his new program by July 1. My mocking blog title is meant to make you all feel jealous that I get to live within 15 minutes of Nathan and Liz for the next 3 years (unless they move for some reason). =) We are very excited that Josh is getting to do the specialty he really enjoys and will have tons more time with us from July on. He'll still be working 9-12 hour days and taking call. But that is a HUGE improvement from the 16 hour days, plus 3 out of 4 weekends a month and constant call that he's doing now. We'll actually get to eat dinner together as a family most nights (and won't have to wait until 9 pm to do it.) We are obviously dreading trying to sell our house in this market and know we'll be taking a big loss financially. And moving SUCKS with 3 kids, but our quality of life will impriove dramatically. And we are very excited about being near a fellow sapphire and her beautiful family. =) So that's the update for us. We would sincerely appreciate prayers that God would provide a buyer for our house quickly and would provide for us financially during this whole moving process. Also, please pray that the kids would adjust to the changes well. Seth especially does not handle change very easily and he's old enough to have his little group of friends in Columbus that he will have to say goodbye to and that will be hard for him. (I'm not gonna lie... it'll be hard for us too). So thanks for the prayers girls. And Liz and I think you should find reasons to hit the Michigan area for a visit now that there's two of us in one spot. =)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Julie (and Josh, I guess...lol)! I'm so excited for you guys! I know it will be great to be near a Sapphire! :-)

Jen said...

i think we should all follow Josh and Julie's lead and move closer to one another! Say, next reunion in Michigan, anyone?

Kimberly said...

I agree -- we all need to live closer together! But I'm not so sure the snowy north is in our future. ;) How about Colorado instead??