Thursday, July 17, 2008

Special day

Hey girls, I just have to share my day with you all. It was a special day because it the first time Lilah and I got to spend the whole day together by ourselves since she was a newborn. Vicki took Seth overnight and kept him for the day. Josh is working of course, so Lilah and I had our very first mommy/daughter day. I was surprised at how much she got into it because she's only 21 months. But she really seemed to enjoy the undivided attention and one on one time. We had a lot of fun together. First of all, without Seth here to wake us all up at the crack of dawn, it turns out Lilah sleeps until 10am. So she and I slept in and then got up and shared a bowl of fruit loops in the living room while we watched an episode of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. (It was funny how Lilah was really captivated by the show, I think she liked all the kids) Then we got dressed and ready for the day. We packed our purses and put on our lipstick. Lilah insisted on carrying her purse with her everywhere she went after that. We went to the mall and shopped around a little bit. Lilah played for a while at this really nice indoor play area that she loves. Then we went to Build a Bear and Lilah built her own little bear, complete with outfit and accessories. She picked out this pink camoflauge outfit that says "Girls Rule." and then she put bows on the bear's ears. She named her Lulu and has not put her down since we "adopted" her. She loved it and now she loves her bear. Then we went to the food court and shared a steak hoagie and fries. It was special for Lilah because I let her have her own ketchup for her fries, which we don't usually do. It was funny because she is normally really messy and disgusting when she eats, but today she was clearly going out of her way to be clean and ladylike in the way that she ate. She was very into being a "big girl" with mommy. Now we're at home and Lilah's taking a nap. I bought a pink princess cookie for her for after her nap. We're going to have "tea" and eat our cookies. It's been a nice day. It's amazing how her little personality comes out when she's alone with us. She was definitely calmer and more cooperative today than usual and I think it's just because she was getting all the attention she needed. She didn't need to act out over anything to stand out from Seth (he can be a bit of an attention hog.) It was good for us both and we're going to do our best to make sure each of the kids get that special one on one time with me and Josh more often. Especially with baby number 3 coming. I think that might help the transition to a bigger family go a little smoother. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Particularly for you girls who already have little girls or have little girls on the way. There is a very special bond between mothers and daughters and it's amazing how you can start to enjoy it even when they are still babies or little toddlers. We all have so much to look forward to with our little 2nd generation Sapphires!

No comments: