Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vacation is like a Coma

This is what I came up with this morning on my way back to the office. I went an entire week without watching TV, reading a newspaper, or talking with any of my aquaintences back home. I feel like i have been in a coma for the last week and am just now waking up. What happened over the last week!!
We had an interesting trip home... We sat by a 10 year old girl with some problems. Steph, I wish you were there to help diagnose. First i thought she was just a wild child and liked to talk. Then she started pulling back her already damaged cuticles and yelling across us for her mom to give her another bandaid. Her mom replied, "People aren't going to talk to you if you're bleeding!" She kept picking and bleeding for a while and ended up with most, if not all of her fingers wrapped. Yes, there was blood all over her clothes. So then, as she was watching a DVD on her travel player, she started talking along, and SINGING along at the TOP OF HER LUNGS. What do you think her parents did at that point? "shh" ...that's about it! oh my goodness. At the beginning of the flight all I could do was laugh. By the time Chicago arrived, I wanted to cry. And guess who showed up at our next gate?! Thankfully they were on the flight after us.

No comments: