Well, it's official....Nathan and I both now reside in Michigan. As I said before, we're living with my parents until we find a purchase a house. Nathan likes his new job quite a lot, and I'm beginning to job hunt. It was quite a whirlwind getting here. Nathan was here for 2 weeks while I stayed in MA and finished work and packed up the apartment. Then my parents came out to help us move. It was hard to leave...harder than I thought it would be. We had definitely put down a lot of roots, so it was hard to leave the church, and especially our friends. When you hang out with the same people every weekend (several times), it's hard to get used to not being with them all the time. At least we know a few people here, so it's not like we have nothing and no one to hang out with on the weekends. Like I said, the move was a whirlwind, and I don't want to do it again for a very, very long time (except moving into a house soon). We had a 26ft. truck because the place didn't have a 22 footer, and that was an experience! But it's over now, and we're settling in as much as you can in your parents' house:) I'm definitely having more fun with the house hunt than the job hunt. I was thinking today that maybe I should look for a job half as hard as I look for a house:) Fortunately, the cost of living here is sooo much less than New England, so we'll get so much more for our money. So that's about it for us. Good luck Julie, with your own move and house selling/buying issues.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
We have arrived....
Well, it's official....Nathan and I both now reside in Michigan. As I said before, we're living with my parents until we find a purchase a house. Nathan likes his new job quite a lot, and I'm beginning to job hunt. It was quite a whirlwind getting here. Nathan was here for 2 weeks while I stayed in MA and finished work and packed up the apartment. Then my parents came out to help us move. It was hard to leave...harder than I thought it would be. We had definitely put down a lot of roots, so it was hard to leave the church, and especially our friends. When you hang out with the same people every weekend (several times), it's hard to get used to not being with them all the time. At least we know a few people here, so it's not like we have nothing and no one to hang out with on the weekends. Like I said, the move was a whirlwind, and I don't want to do it again for a very, very long time (except moving into a house soon). We had a 26ft. truck because the place didn't have a 22 footer, and that was an experience! But it's over now, and we're settling in as much as you can in your parents' house:) I'm definitely having more fun with the house hunt than the job hunt. I was thinking today that maybe I should look for a job half as hard as I look for a house:) Fortunately, the cost of living here is sooo much less than New England, so we'll get so much more for our money. So that's about it for us. Good luck Julie, with your own move and house selling/buying issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment