Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring has Sprung

So I was sitting here "working" while Katie has been napping, and thought this would be the perfect time to add a little update on our lives. I really haven't had a shortage of ways to procrastinate today, but I thought one more wouldn't hurt:)

Not too much has been going on in our lives recently. It actually seems a little redundant to post anything now that we have our own little blog, but I was missing my girls and thought I would anyway. I'm sure you've all read by now that we decided to go ahead and find out the gender of baby #2. We're super excited to be having a little sister for Katie! Two girls just sounds like lots of fun to me:) This also means I don't have too much to do to in preparation for this little one. The nursery is already gender neutral, so that's not an issue anyway, and all I have to do now is pull out Katie's baby clothes, make sure the seasons will work, and wash them all. We're getting ready to move Katie out of the nursery to a big girl room. I suppose this means the dreaded big girl bed and potty training are both looming close on the horizon now. Important rights of passage of toddlerhood, I'm sure; but they just seem like pure torture to this pregnant mommy.

The pregnancy is going pretty well at this point. At 22 weeks I'm still feeling pretty good and am not yet uncomfortable really. I'm glad to be free of most of the restrictions and concerns from the low-lying placenta we had early on, and am hoping this baby behaves the rest of the pregnancy and bakes until Labor Day at least (with the recent heat I literally feel like I am baking a baby in my belly).

Not too much else going on. Nathan's been working insane hours lately, so that makes life busier for all of us. But we're hoping things slow down a bit for the summer. We also had a trip to Massachusetts a couple weeks ago, which was very fun. We're hoping for a couple fun, long weekends this summer. Other than that we're just enjoying the beautiful weather. I seriously feel like the warmer weather literally brightens everything up and makes almost everything a little more fun.

Ok well, I'm hoping you preggo girls post a couple more belly shots before those babies make their grand entrances. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say we're excited to hear about and see pictures of these new little babies once they arrive!

Hope to see as many of you as possible in just a few short months!

No comments: