I have an adjustment to make to the Sapphire reunion in August. As you all know now, Liz is pregnant and due in September. yay! However, Liz has a bit riskier pregnancy situation and a history of pre-term labor. There are already a couple of you unable to make the reunion this year and I'm afraid to lose one more because it's not really much of a reunion if there are only a couple of us there. Consequently, I am thinking we will have the reunion in Detroit rather than Cincinnati so that Liz can definitely participate. There is an airport in Detroit for flyers and the drive is comparable for the drivers. If anybody needs to fly into Dayton, OH we can still arrange pick-ups. Also, since we will be in Detroit, we will not have to spring for the cost of hotels. We can stay at one of our houses and any guys who come along can hang out with Josh, Nathan, and Adam for the weekend at the other house. It should be a little bit more cost effective trip for everyone this way. The plans are to visit the Henry Ford museum/Greenfield Village, go shopping and do pedicures and movie at one of the awesome outlet shopping centers and maybe catch a Tigers game. We can also visit the Motown museum (which is tiny and won't take much time at all) if we want to and are planning to have drinks in a skyscraper overlooking the city one evening with any guys that join us. The guys will probably come along for the Henry Ford and the baseball game as well. Then we'll do our shopping/girls' day and night on our own. The weekend of August 20-22 is also the dates of the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit, which is a HUGE deal where the entire city fills with classic cars for display. We thought any guys who come along could go enjoy the Dream Cruise on the day that the girls are doing shopping and girly things. Guys are welcome as it might make travelling with little babies easier and between mine and Liz's house, we will have plenty of baby supplies and arrangements for any babies that make the trip so that babies can be comfy and happy and mommy's can relax and enjoy the visit with zero stress. =) As we get closer and I know more specifically who will be making it and when everyone will be coming in and how long you'll be staying, I will get a more specific schedule of events set up. I hope this works for everyone. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything. I hope to see as many of you as possible in August!
Also, please start sending pictures so that I can start putting the scrapbook together. =) Love you all!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Julie, thanks for this speedy update! I must say that Detroit increases my chances of coming to the reunion this year! I have a brother in Ypsilanti, and can take a pitstop at my parent's house near chicago on the drive up there... much easier in my opinion with a 2 month old than stopping at a hotel overnight. So, i'll have to wait to make final plans... but i like this option :)
Sounds good to me... anything to bring the costs down and get as many there as we can sounds good to me.
yay Jenn!!!! I would so love it if you could make it. =) We are pretty close to Ypsilanti by the way, maybe 40 minutes? And 4 hours from Chicago, which you probably already knew since your brother lives here. =) Keep us posted! And Ang, thanks for being cool with the change also! =)
Post a Comment