Hey girls, I have a prayer request for a close friend of mine here in Columbus. I would really appreciate it if you guys would remember to keep Jessica in your prayers as she and her husband are really needing it right now. Jessica is about 20 weeks pregnant and went to her routine ultrasound appointment yesterday to find out the sex of the baby. She called us (all the moms at playgroup) to say that the tech saw something concerning but couldn't say what. So she was dropping Hannah (her 2 yr. old daughter) off with one of us so they could go to the doctor alone in case it was bad news. The ultrasound showed a cystic hygroma (fluid-filled sac), heart defect, and a cleft palate. They met with a specialist ysterday afternoon and had some tests done to determine exactly what the chromosomal abnormality is, we're still waiting. But it looks like it might be Trisomy 13. Long story short... Jessica's options are to induce delivery which will cause the baby to pass away early, wait for the baby to pass away in utero, or wait for delivery in which case the baby will most likely pass away within 24 hours. Needless to say, Jessica is struggling. I have posted a portion of the email she sent us last night so you can see a little more what she is dealing with. I kow this is a downer kind of post and I apologize for that. But I'm needing my girls who know and love Jesus and who believe in miracles the way I do to bring Jessica and her baby and family to the throne room of God and ask for a miracle, for peace, for strength, comfort, and ultimately, for God's will in this situation. Thank you girls.
"We found out we are having a little girl! Unfortunately, the Dr found the same abnormalities the tech found this morning. He thinks it's probably Trisomy 13, although she doesn't show text book results from any of the common problems. We did an amnio and a rapid test. We will know the rapid results on Friday. If it is one of the common conditions, we will know then. If it's not, we will wait for the amnio in 7-10 days. If it's nothing in that test, then it's genetic and there will be more testing. At this point, we are just waiting for the results. Our options seem to be inducing early (baby will definitely pass away), carrying until the baby passes in-utero then delivering, or she could go to term and would probably pass away anyway. My instinct is to just wait and let God take her when he's ready, but the thought of carrying her knowing she will die is so hard. I even hesitated taking a pain pill for my head today until I realized I can't really harm her at this point. That's a horrible feeling to have.She was very stubborn during the Ultrasound. Her head was jammed down far into my pelvis, her legs were closed, her feet and hands were by her face. At one point she grabbed her foot with her hand and tried to put both in her mouth. It was so cute, but so hard to watch at the same time. It was especially difficult to see her cleft lip. And when they were talking about her heart, I couldn't watch anymore. All I could see was a beating heart and hearing them talk about what's wrong with it was too much. I just want to hold her and tell her I'm so sorry. I can't believe this is happening. Thank you all for supporting me through this. I may not want to talk much, but writing is easier for me. Dan's mom is trying to come here to help for a little while. If she makes it in, we won't need as much support in the way of babysitting and meals, but I will let you all know when she arrives. Until then, I really appreciate everything. "
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Juls- your friend will definitely be in my prayers. You're right - God is a God of miracles and we are here to put hope in hopeless situations.
Post a Comment