Hey girls!!
Things here have been, well, snowy. I haven't seen this much snow since I was about eight. There are the upsides to this snow, like SNOW DAYS!! We've had 6 so far this year. Whoever thought we'd have so many. Plus a longer Christmas break, we had almost 3 weeks off.
Christmas was great. We made it to Denver between the blizzards and fresh snow. Our backyard had no snow, while our driveway had a 4 1/2 foot drift. Nick did all the shoveling during the first blizzard. It was lovely having only one shovel. We did only do one side of the driveway and used his car solely during Christmas.
We heard there was a 12 foot drift of snow on I-25, but as we drove up to Denver we never saw it. The road crews did an incredible job getting the snow off the highways and a horrible job on our street. It took a long time to get our road cleared.
Christmas was fun at my parents house. Everyone made it home. My sister, Carolyn and husband Jason, who live in Canada, surprised my parents the Monday before Christmas. So....it was a FULL house. We broke the toilet, garbage disposal and my sister, Tori, wrecked my dad's car. To say the least, our Christmas was not boring.
My favorite present is a tie between a Nintendo DS from my mother-in-law and new pots and pan from my husband. I love to cook.
Kimmy I read your blog about cooking, and I just want to throw out that I would LOVE to cook during the Sapphire weekend.
I miss you all!! I hope you have a great January. If any one needs some snow...I can send it to you in a box. :)
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment